The other day, I had checked out a bunch of books from the local library here. After going through few of them, I got this idea to make this particular dish. Basically, it’s a little bit of this from one book and a little bit of that from the other and so on. Whatever be the case, the end result came out pretty good according to me!
- Cauliflower - 1 whole,cut into florets
- Fresh green peas - 1/2 cup
- Onion - 1, sliced
- Ginger - 1 tsp, finely minced
- Garlic - 1 tsp, finely minced or
- Ginger garlic paste - 1/2 tblspoon
- Green chillies - 5, (or depending on your taste),finely minced
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro - for garnish
Heat oil in a pan. Add the minced garlic and ginger or ginger garlic paste and fry till light brown. Also add the minced green chillies and fry for a minute or so.
Put in the sliced onions and fry till light brown.
Add the turmeric powder and mix well.
Put in the cauliflower florets and the green peas, mix well.
Lower the heat, cook on low flame without adding water.
When almost done, sprinkle the garam masala powder on top and also put in salt, mix well.
Take it off the heat and garnish with finely chopped cilantro.