This is our version of Pesto Chicken. We spice it up a little by adding ginger-garlic paste and crushed red pepper. You can make the pesto at home, we tend to buy it at our local Costco here.
- Pesto - 2 tablespoons
- Ginger Garlic paste - 1/2 tsp
- Chicken tenderloins - 6, cleaned, washed and pat dry
- Olive oil - 1 tbsp
- Italian Seasoning - 1/2 tsp (Optional)
- Crushed red pepper flakes - 1 tsp (adjust as needed)
- Crushed black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Salt - to taste
Clean and dry the chicken tenderloins and set aside.
In a bowl, mix all the other ingredients and pour it over the chicken and mix well.
Refrigerate the marinated chicken for 2-3 hours or overnight if you have the time.
Heat a griddle on a medium flame and lightly oil it.
Put the chicken pieces on the hot griddle and cook till browned on one side.
Flip over and brown the other side too.
Serve hot with Runner's World pasta or any pasta of your choice.
- The chicken tends to cook quickly so take care not to overcook the chicken.
- Left overs can be refrigerated and eaten with salads or cut into strips and made into a pesto sandwich.