What does one do with extra ripe bananas? Throw them, right? Well, now you can make banana nut bar with it. There is no need to add sugar in this recipe because you get the sweetness from the ripe bananas and the nuts that go in this. The riper the banana, the sweeter the end product! For a healthy alternative, substitute the oil with applesauce. These work good as energy bars too!
- Bananas - 3 ( the riper the better)
- Dates - 1/2 cup, chopped
- Walnuts - 1/2 cup, chopped
- Almonds - 1/4 cup, chopped
- Golden raisins - 1 tablespoon
- Vanilla extract - 1 tablespoon
- Oil - 1/3 cup
- Instant oatmeal - 1 cup or 6 packets (.98 oz each)
Preheat oven to 350 F.
In a bowl, mash the bananas with a fork and then add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
Spray a cookie sheet or an oven proof dish with a light coating of oil and pour the banana oatmeal mixture on it. Spread it out evenly and put it in the oven.
Bake for 25-30 minutes.
When slightly warm, cut into required shape and enjoy!